[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk act like a normal sip phone?

Walter Doerr wd at infodn.rmi.de
Fri Jan 30 05:22:16 MST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 12:22:18PM +0100, Walter Doerr wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 12:06:47PM +0100, Klaus-Peter Junghanns wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > just signed up and it works like a charm. :-)
> > They even support g711 :) and multiple channels :)
> >
> > make sure you have in sip.conf:
> >
> > register => XXXX:YYYY at sipgate.de/<extension in your context>
> >

> I believe that I have that entry in sip.conf. Maybe not the extension.
> Still no luck.

Following up to my own message:

* is working with sipgate now (should be no surprise as they are using
* too).

Apparently I have no idea how to setup a sip.conf file.

I have the above mentioned register command and in addition a
[sipgate] section in sip.conf.
After removing the [sipgate] section everything works fine.

-Walter

--
  Walter Doerr   =*=   wd at infodn.rmi.de   =*=   FAX: +49 2421 962001
              "The poor folks who only have 100MBytes of RAM five years