[Asterisk-Users] Has Nufone gone belly-up

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Thu Jan 29 05:43:05 MST 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 10:16:02PM -0600, Brian West said:
> > I'm another outsider just reading this entire thread and Jeremy's
> > replies. NuFone could have the best service on the planet, but I would
> > NEVER do business with a company that has this kind of attitude. People
> > have a choice in which companies they do business with. Why would they
> > do business with a company that get's hostile when problems arise?
>
> Jeremy has every right to get hostile in this matter.  Here we have

You don't seem to get it. It's FINE to get frustrated and angry at a
customer - IN PRIVATE. It's COMPLETELY another thing in public. It's
totally unprofessional. Period. You also just don't call customers liars
in public even if you KNOW they are. Again, privately with your
coworkers is another matter. You can say that you are unable to locate
a record for a call (as an example) but you don't out and out say that
it never happened.

I'm NOT flaming Jeremy, I'm trying to give him good solid advice on
standard corporate levels of customer service. Behaving unprofessional
is not a good way to enhance your business.

> > Jeremy: just a little hint of advice. Check the attitude. It makes you
> > and your company look very bad. Maybe you just had a bad day: we all
> > have them. You still probably have a chance to recover with a good
> > professional response to the thread (not my message...)
>
> Attitude is the spice of life.  Learn to look past that and you will be a
> happy person.

Attitude has NO PLACE in customer servive. None. How long do you really
think a company would last calling their customers idiots, liars, etc.?

> Remember everyone, in the end we're ALL human (well except the scum that

True. This is why I wanted to give Jeremy another chance, and an
opportunity to make things right. Everyone has bad days. On the other
hand, if he keeps up with the attitude time and time again, it's not
going to be good for the long-term viability of his company.