[Asterisk-Users] Rolm PBX + Asterisk

Tony Kava asterisk at pottcounty.com
Tue Jan 27 14:32:18 MST 2004

Greetings:

We are planning to start work on providing VoIP to some of our remote
offices.  We will be making a limited deployment of Asterisk and SIP phones
that will allow for testing in the hopes of eventually replacing of our
current phone system.  We currently use a Rolm PBX, and we intend to add
another T1 interface to it that will run to our Asterisk server.  I wanted
to ask if anyone had experience using a Rolm PBX with Asterisk because I
would like some input and information on possible obstacles.

I did find at least one person in the archives mention using Asterisk behind
a Rolm PBX, however it seemed that they were using single analog lines to
get to the Asterisk system.  The plan will be to set some extensions to be
routed through this new T1 interface to the Asterisk box where we will shoot
them across our WAN.  I am interested in any comments that other Asterisk
users have regarding the interactions of a Rolm PBX and Asterisk.

Regards,

--
Tony Kava
Senior Network Administrator