[Asterisk-Users] Is it possible to push the media processing off to a gateway for processing?

T. Chan tommy.chan at utimail.com
Sun Jan 25 01:46:02 MST 2004

I think what Todd was referring to was to JUST do the signaling proxy on the
Asterisk but not proxying the media. The Asterisk box would ONLY do the
signaling handling between the two endpoints and hang over the media stream
to go directly between the two endpoints. This is a question I was wondering
as well. I was thinking of doing the same thing if possible with H323, I
read from somewhere that this is doable with SIP setting canreinvite to YES
(or was it NO??) and thereby leaving the media stream to go directly between
the endpoints and not proxying the media stream.

Please if someone can help, that would be appreciated, thanks for all !

Tom