[Asterisk-Users] Is it possible to push the media processing off to a gateway for processing?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sat Jan 24 08:53:28 MST 2004

If you are considering such a service, you need to develop a more
thorough understanding of VoIP protocols and methods for load
distribution.  To echo what Stephen Critchfield said to someone else
just a few hours ago: it's not simple, and you'll probably need a
consultant.  After you've spent some time designing and discussing,
you'll probably be able to do it yourself next time but to try this
from scratch is probably a very long trial-and-error effort.

The short answer to your question for your research is: use load
sharing and SIP redirects to spread load across multiple boxes, and
yes, asterisk configs can be pulled from mysql in various ways - dig
through the distribution for details.

JT