[Asterisk-Users] MGCP w/8x8 DTA-310 and as5300 pstn gateway

Jeremy Jones jeremy at samnjack.com
Sat Jan 24 06:54:39 MST 2004

Hi,

Yep, I got the latest firmware (and the next-to-latest, and the
next-to-next-to-latest, and one earlier yet) for SIP.  The first three
(firmware versions 1228, 1227, and 1226) all have that password protected
"Advanced Configuration" page.  The fourth one I found (version 1111) is a
bit more open.

It appears mum's the word on that password, none of the requests others have
made in, say, vonage forums for that top secret password have met with much
success.  I suppose I could try to brute force it, but I'm fairly lazy, &
I'd just as soon wait for someone to just blurt it out on accident in casual
conversation.

I did poke around in the binary files & found the html stuff, as well as
what appear to be clear-text default options for stuff one would find on the
protected Advanced Configuration page.  It may be possible for me to use one
of the newer firmware versions, changing the options in the firmware binary
before sticking it on the device, but I imagine I'd screw up a checksum
somewhere if I edit the file directly.  Haven't tried yet.

So, next stop:  sip with the 1111 firware.

Thanks,

Jeremy