[Asterisk-Users] Couple of Newbie Questions: Scrolling, SIP registration, etc.

info-lists at robertc.de info-lists at robertc.de
Wed Jan 21 11:44:59 MST 2004

Info based on how I do it is imbedded below.
Robert

Larry Keyes said:
> I've got two Grandstream phones talking to * and a X100P card going, so
> that
> I can make inbound and outbound calls via the PSTN, and calls from one
> extension to another.
>
> 1. Is there an equivalent to the "more" command at the CLI to scroll only
> one screen at time. How about a way to page the messages scrolling past
> when
> asterisk is running?
>
> 2. sip show peers shows my Grandstream phones, but sip show resgistry
> doesn't  show anything...shouldn't the local SIP phones be registering
> with
> *?

**
** As far as I know "sip show registry" shows connections you have made to
other servers via SIP (example: gateways) using the register= command in
sip.conf
***

> 3. I ran the script for creating mailboxes, but don't see these in the
> voicemail.conf in /etc/asterisk.

**
** That only creates the mailbox directories and default files in
/var/spool/asterisk/sounds/voicemail
** You have to edit voicemail.conf yourself.
**