[Asterisk-Users] Couple of Newbie Questions: Scrolling, SIP registration, etc.

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Jan 21 11:27:33 MST 2004

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 09:13, Larry Keyes wrote:
> I've got two Grandstream phones talking to * and a X100P card
> going, so that I can make inbound and outbound calls via the PSTN,
> and calls from one extension to another.
>
> 1. Is there an equivalent to the "more" command at the CLI to
> scroll only one screen at time. How about a way to page the
> messages scrolling past when asterisk is running?

Shift-PageUp

> 2. sip show peers shows my Grandstream phones, but sip show
> resgistry doesn't  show anything...shouldn't the local SIP phones
> be registering with *?

Only if they're on dynamic IPs.  If they're set static, there's no
need for them to register.

> 3. I ran the script for creating mailboxes, but don't see these in
> the voicemail.conf in /etc/asterisk.

The addmailbox script only adds the mailboxes to the directory
structure, not to voicemail.conf.  Come to think of it, the addmailbox
script is obsolete with the Voicemail2 application.  The Voicemail2
application will create the necessary directories and prompts
automatically, if they do not already exist.

-Tilghman