[Asterisk-Users] Couple of Newbie Questions: Scrolling, SIP registration, etc.

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jan 21 10:16:59 MST 2004

Hi!

> 1. Is there an equivalent to the "more" command at the CLI to scroll only
> one screen at time. How about a way to page the messages scrolling past when
> asterisk is running?

Hm... how about "putty v0.52" + mouse + scrollbar? :-))

> 2. sip show peers shows my Grandstream phones, but sip show resgistry
> doesn't  show anything...shouldn't the local SIP phones be registering with
> *?

Yes, they register. But SIP SHOW REGISTRY returns the servers (!) that
Asterisk registered with as a client (e.g. FWD).

> 3. I ran the script for creating mailboxes, but don't see these in the
> voicemail.conf in /etc/asterisk.

You don't need that script, at least not if you run a recent version of
Asterisk. The mailboxes are to be found in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail.

Cheers, Philipp