[Asterisk-Users] Lucent and ISDN-PRI

Matthew Branton mbranton at xtracard.com
Tue Jan 20 13:46:23 MST 2004

	That document certainly is informative, thanks. I actually went with
a tn464F that I happen to have and from the lucent side I have no problem
setting it up as a signaling trunk group. Asterisk starts up, registers 1
D-Channel, and 23 B-Channels, but thats as far as I get.

	 When I try to dial the asterisk via the Feature access code I
defined on the definity I don't get any sign of a connection. The definity
dials, and then waits until timeout at which point I get a busyback.
Similarly, if I try to dial out from the Asterisk I get an all busy. I
turned on pri intense debug span 1, to see if there were any obvious errors.
When I do a dial I get the following traceback:

---- start incredibly long debug message ------

> [
> [02
> [02 01
> [02 01 01
> [02 01 01 38
> [02 01 01 38 ]
> [02 01 01 38 ]
> Supervisory frame:
> SAPI: 00  C/R: 1 EA: 0
>  TEI: 000        EA: 1
> Zero: 0     S: 0 01: 1  [ RR (receive ready) ]
> N(R): 028 P/F: 0
> 0 bytes of data
-- Restarting T203 counter
-- Restarting T203 counter

< [
< [02
< [02 01
< [02 01 38
< [02 01 38 be
< [02 01 38 be 08
< [02 01 38 be 08 02
< [02 01 38 be 08 02 80
< [02 01 38 be 08 02 80 f8
< [02 01 38 be 08 02 80 f8 5a
< [02 01 38 be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08
< [02 01 38 be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08 02
< [02 01 38 be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08 02 81
< [02 01 38 be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08 02 81 d1
< [02 01 38 be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08 02 81 d1 ]
< [02 01 38 be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08 02 81 d1 ]
< Informational frame:
< SAPI: 00  C/R: 1 EA: 0
<  TEI: 000        EA: 1
< N(S): 028   0: 0
< N(R): 095   P: 0
< 9 bytes of data
-- ACKing all packets from 94 to (but not including) 95
-- Since there was nothing left, stopping T200 counter
-- Stopping T203 counter since we got an ACK
-- Nothing left, starting T203 counter
< Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=9
< Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 33016/0x80F8) (Terminator)
< Message type: RELEASE COMPLETE (90)
< Cause (len= 2) [ Ext: 1  Coding: CCITT (ITU) standard (0) 0: 0   Location:
Private network serving the local user (1)
<                  Ext: 1  Cause: Invalid call reference value (81), class =
Invalid message (5) ]
Sending Receiver Ready (29)

> [
> [02
> [02 01
> [02 01 01
> [02 01 01 3a
> [02 01 01 3a ]
> [02 01 01 3a ]
> Supervisory frame:
> SAPI: 00  C/R: 1 EA: 0
>  TEI: 000        EA: 1
> Zero: 0     S: 0 01: 1  [ RR (receive ready) ]
> N(R): 029 P/F: 0
> 0 bytes of data
-- Restarting T203 counter
-- Restarting T203 counter

< [
< [02
< [02 01
< [02 01 3a
< [02 01 3a be
< [02 01 3a be 08
< [02 01 3a be 08 02
< [02 01 3a be 08 02 80
< [02 01 3a be 08 02 80 f8
< [02 01 3a be 08 02 80 f8 5a
< [02 01 3a be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08
< [02 01 3a be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08 02
< [02 01 3a be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08 02 81
< [02 01 3a be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08 02 81 d1
< [02 01 3a be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08 02 81 d1 ]
< [02 01 3a be 08 02 80 f8 5a 08 02 81 d1 ]
< Informational frame:
< SAPI: 00  C/R: 1 EA: 0
<  TEI: 000        EA: 1
< N(S): 029   0: 0
< N(R): 095   P: 0
< 9 bytes of data
-- ACKing all packets from 94 to (but not including) 95
-- Since there was nothing left, stopping T200 counter
-- Stopping T203 counter since we got an ACK
-- Nothing left, starting T203 counter
< Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=9
< Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 33016/0x80F8) (Terminator)
< Message type: RELEASE COMPLETE (90)
< Cause (len= 2) [ Ext: 1  Coding: CCITT (ITU) standard (0) 0: 0   Location:
Private network serving the local user (1)
<                  Ext: 1  Cause: Invalid call reference value (81), class =
Invalid message (5) ]
Sending Receiver Ready (30)

---- End incredibly long debug message ------

Any suggestions? I feel like I am close.. but no cigar. :) Invalid message
(5) anyone? I haven't looked at the libpri code but perhaps there is further
explanation in there.

I'm using pri_cpe channels 1-23,  dchan=24, bchan=1-23.

Any help is appreciated... thanks again,

Matt