[Asterisk-Users] [ot] Grandstream hardware

Joel Maslak jmaslak at antelope.net
Sun Jan 18 20:29:38 MST 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 asterisk at bsius.com wrote:

> On another note, what's the deal with Hold, Mute, Caller ID Review, and
> Called Number Review on these things? Do they just not work, or am I missing
> something?

Caller ID Review/Called Number Review only works when the phone is off the
hook.  I don't know why they did it that way.

I gave up on trying to transfer with the phone.  Transfer doesn't.  It
just puts the call into never-never-land, which means you can't get back
to it but it won't hang up either.

Mute works for me, as does hold.

And this doesn't even mention the phone forgetting how buttons work
(happens every few days on one of my phones - you have to reboot the
phone).

I won't even mention what I think of the early dial almost working.  Or
the fact that the handset isn't wired in a standard way (it does not work
with some assistive technology because of that).  Or that you don't hear
hardly any of your own voice in the handset.

I don't really have a problem with the phone's hardware (well, other then
the way the handset is wired).  I have a tremendous problem with its
firmware, though.

Right now, these phones have absolutely no place in a business at all -
not even as reception area phones.  I hope they fix this problem, though -
they could be decent phones I think for the cost if the firmware got
fixed.

--
Joel