[Asterisk-Users] [ot] Grandstream hardware

asterisk at bsius.com asterisk at bsius.com
Sun Jan 18 19:38:05 MST 2004

I'm not sure, I just opened mine up to see. Looks like they epoxied over
three of the chips. One is a 73pin, another is a 44 pin, and the last looks
to be a 44 pin.

Ethernet is a RTL8019AS (10mbit) and it's using a Tamarack TC3097-8 repeater
(HUB) which actually supports 9 ports (8 ethernet, 1 AUI). Obviously this is
only a 10mbit repeater. It's worth noting that this chip is end of life.
Figure a couple bucks for these if you can get them, sounds like old stock
to me.

Flash memory looks to be about 8m according to the 29LV800ABTC-70 flash ram
chip. These are going for under $1, sounds like more old stock.

The Xilinx XC9536XL CPLD could be the processor and RAM... It's around $2

Anyway, I'm not a hardware guy but that's what I see.

On another note, what's the deal with Hold, Mute, Caller ID Review, and
Called Number Review on these things? Do they just not work, or am I missing
something?

-Bill