[Asterisk-Users] VoiceMail - no user pre-registration

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 16 16:35:01 MST 2004

Hi!

> Scenario:
> All incoming calls are voicemail calls however the dialled number
> (called party) does not necessarily have a voicemailbox configured in
> the Asterisk system.

You could:

- configure a set of temporary mailboxes in voicemail.conf

- direct a caller without mailbox to such a temporary box and record his
name somehow (either in the Asterisk Db, or using an AGI script)

- after (or at the beginning of the next) call run a clean-up script that
1. renames the voicemail directory and 2. re-creates the temporary
mailbox using plain simple shell commands through System(), and 3.
modifies voicemail.conf and 4. reloads asterisk (for voicemail.conf I
*think* you don't need a restart).

I am not sure why you wouldn't want to use a database for voicemail.conf,
but I think it can be done rather easily without.

Cheers, Philipp