[Asterisk-Users] VoiceMail - no user pre-registration

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Fri Jan 16 15:11:18 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeroen" <linux at comresult.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 3:10 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] VoiceMail - no user pre-registration

> Hi all
>
> Looking for a solution to create a flexible voicemail solution in
> Asterisk without the need to preregister the voicemail users (via
> databases etc etc).
>
> Scenario:
> All incoming calls are voicemail calls however the dialled number
> (called party) does not necessarily have a voicemailbox configured in
> the Asterisk system.
>
> I am looking for * to do the following:
>     * Call comes in
>     * Called number is analysed (e.g. 44123456)
>     * Call is routed to default voicemail messages
>     * Message is recorded (for the 44123456 number)
> ~~~~~~
>     * When number (44123456) dials voicemail system via voicemail
> service number
>     * the A number is analysed and checked if voicemails are present on
> the system for the calling number
>     * if voicemail is present the caller goes to voicemail menu to list
> to his voicemail
>     * If no voicemail messages are present, * hangs up.
>
> I am curious if such requirements can be realised in Asterisk and maybe
> you have another solution with respect to set up the voicemail without a
> database.
> Would appreciate it if you could let me know what you think
>
> Thanks
> Jeroen

My only question is how do you intend to handle passwords?

-----
Andrew Thompson http://aktzero.com/
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how
restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions
stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.