[Asterisk-Users] VoiceMail - no user pre-registration

Jeroen linux at comresult.com
Fri Jan 16 13:10:16 MST 2004

Hi all

Looking for a solution to create a flexible voicemail solution in
Asterisk without the need to preregister the voicemail users (via
databases etc etc).

Scenario:
All incoming calls are voicemail calls however the dialled number
(called party) does not necessarily have a voicemailbox configured in
the Asterisk system.

I am looking for * to do the following:
    * Call comes in
    * Called number is analysed (e.g. 44123456)
    * Call is routed to default voicemail messages
    * Message is recorded (for the 44123456 number)
~~~~~~
    * When number (44123456) dials voicemail system via voicemail
service number
    * the A number is analysed and checked if voicemails are present on
the system for the calling number
    * if voicemail is present the caller goes to voicemail menu to list
to his voicemail
    * If no voicemail messages are present, * hangs up.

I am curious if such requirements can be realised in Asterisk and maybe
you have another solution with respect to set up the voicemail without a
database.
Would appreciate it if you could let me know what you think

Thanks
Jeroen