[Asterisk-Users] SER & Asterisk

asterisk at geek.be asterisk at geek.be
Thu Jan 15 20:50:49 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to bundle the powers of Asterisk and SER.
Asterisk for pabx functionalities and termination to landline/PSTN, and
SER as SIP Gateway/Proxy.

With my current configuration the SIP user just adds 0 as a prefix to a
number, and the call will go out to PSTN over Asterisk.
For this to work I added the rewritehostport() function in SER to
point to the Asterisk IP (different from the SER ip).

At the moment I just added the following line to my sip.conf (in the
[general] section):
context=from-sip

But my question here is, everyone can (ab)use this by connecting
directly to the Asterisk IP.
This way they can easily dial out over the PSTN network.

I also tried configuring Asterisk so that it acts as a SIP client,
connecting to SER.
But how can I route all non-SIP numbers over that registered account ?

If anyone has a working setup, please let me know.

Thanks alot