[Asterisk-Users] SER & Asterisk

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Fri Jan 16 00:58:11 MST 2004

asterisk at geek.be wrote:
> I'm trying to bundle the powers of Asterisk and SER.
> Asterisk for pabx functionalities and termination to landline/PSTN, and
> SER as SIP Gateway/Proxy.
> With my current configuration the SIP user just adds 0 as a prefix to a
> number, and the call will go out to PSTN over Asterisk.
> For this to work I added the rewritehostport() function in SER to
> point to the Asterisk IP (different from the SER ip).
> At the moment I just added the following line to my sip.conf (in the
> [general] section):
> context=from-sip
> But my question here is, everyone can (ab)use this by connecting
> directly to the Asterisk IP.
> This way they can easily dial out over the PSTN network.

Hi,

This sounds a very similar problem to me, despite the different context.

The 'default' context in the [general] section shouldn't be (ab)usable -
set this to something like [bogon-calls].
Then set up a specific peer lower down:

[ser]
context=sip-legal
host=y.y.y.y ; IP address of SER

Se this Wiki page for more flesh of my (not yet fully working!) configs:
http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cisco+FXO

Good luck!
Fran.