[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD 4.9?

Jess Kitchen jk at burstfire.net
Wed Jan 14 08:23:20 MST 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, John Todd wrote:

[snip]

>    Additionally, if files are to be installed in /usr/local, then I'd
> like to see the configs remain in /etc/asterisk since on my systems
> (and many other people's) the /usr/ directories are for binaries
> only; no configurations or "moving parts" so those directories can be
> mounted read-only or mounted from a common server if necessary.  I'm
> sure this is what you meant, but I've seen config directories
> unwisely located in /usr/local before, and I wanted to make sure
> everyone is of the same mind where that is concerned.

The existing FreeBSD port stores it's config files under /usr/local/etc
which generally seems to be the 'done thing' (and I thought similarly on
OpenBSD?) - you should be careful that you don't end up with confusion
over this as I'd imagine using the port has been the main way people have
gotten it working so far, perhaps a dialog with the maintainer would be
useful so you're all singing from the same prayer book.

My 2c

Regards,
Jess.

--