[Asterisk-Users] This newbie gives up for now - sadly

Terence Parker terence at parker.com.hk
Tue Jan 13 03:45:51 MST 2004

Though slightly off-topic, I was wondering if anyone would have any
ideas to the following regarding our Cisco 7960's. To keep this short -
the plan facts:

- With phone configured for NAT, works fine with Pulver FWD service
from any location (home, various peoples offices etc...) BUT
- ... phone does not work in my office. Cannot log on to system. This
is with both Real IP AND NATed IP.
- Yes I turned off NAT when testing phone with the real IP. Still
didn't work
- We have two incoming ISP lines in our office. Both have real IP's. No
combination works with both lines.
- Zultys Zip2 phones however seem to work fine with Real IP's from our
office (ZIP doesn't support NAT), on both lines
- MSN messenger also works fine

For some reasons , our Cisco phones are just cursed when used in our
office... I have no explanation for its erratic behaviour at all.

Perhaps I should call in a Feng Shui expert?

Terence

(yes - it's a good looking phone though)