[Asterisk-Users] WTB / WTS Voip hardware

Ken Alker ken at impulse.net
Sun Jan 11 23:46:40 MST 2004

--On Sunday, January 11, 2004 5:24 PM +1100 Kent Williams
<kent2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> I've got a Wildcard T100P along with a Zhone Zplex 10 24S/O which has
> been working fine for me now for a while.
> These have been pulled out of a working Asterisk installation (as they
> were no longer required)

Why'd you tank Asterisk from your work place?  Did it not perform for you?

> to use at home only to find that the fan noise is too loud.

I assume the only thing with loud fan noise is the Zhone Zplex, right?

> As such I'm looking to sell off this hardware and replace
> it with some combination of fanless hardware that will allow me to have
> 4 handsets and 2 incoming lines.
>
> I don't really want to spend any more than the money I'd make from
> selling the T100P / Zplex.
>
> So, is anyone interested in buying this gear / selling some of their old
> gear / trading?

I *might* be interested.  We just built our first Asterisk server at work
and I'm trying to decide what hardware to buy.  I'm seriously considering a
T100P with some type of channel bank.  I've never heard of or seen the
Zplex but I found it buried on Zphone's web site.  They don't list in in
their product list, however.  Is is discontinued?

I also noticed on past postings that perhaps the Zplex 10 doesn't support
FXO CallerID.  Do you know if that was resolved?  The documentation at
<http://www.zhone.com/support/technical_support/zplex/product_documents/ug_
0011_10b.pdf> claims it can do FXO CallerID.

What is the difference between the 10A and 10B, and which do you have?

Does the Zplex have echo issues?

> Any other suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
> Kent

 Ken Alker         ken at impulse.net            ham radio: KA6SDU
 Impulse Internet Services               http://www.impulse.net
 Santa Barbara,  San Luis Obispo,  Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange
 T-3 / T-1 / ADSL / ISDN / 56K / web hosting / wireless / co-lo