[Asterisk-Users] zapbarge w/o the mute

john lawler maillist at tgice.com
Fri Jan 9 12:31:23 MST 2004

I've got a couple of different situations where I'd like to do something
like zapbarge into a specific channel but I'd like to be able to
actually talk to the party or parties on the channels, not just listen
like w/ zapbarge.

There are two scenarios I can think of right now where it'd be very handy.

    a) when the outside line is ringing and Asterisk is waiting to
answer or Asterisk has just answered and is playing some greeting or
w/e, I'd like to be able to dial an extension and be connected to the
person [i.e., bridge the call] (and preferably have the rest of the
dialplan exit as if they had dialed my extension).

    b) there's a current conversation going on between two parties and
I'd like to be conferenced into it, but I'd like to initiate the
conference, not have to wait for one of the parties to three-way me in.

I'm sure there's already a way to do this, I just haven't come across it
yet.

Thanks guys,

jl