[Asterisk-Users] zapbarge w/o the mute

Howard White howwhi at vcch.com
Fri Jan 9 16:15:27 MST 2004

<bottom response = on>

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 13:31, john lawler wrote:
> I've got a couple of different situations where I'd like to do something
> like zapbarge into a specific channel but I'd like to be able to
> actually talk to the party or parties on the channels, not just listen
> like w/ zapbarge.
>
> There are two scenarios I can think of right now where it'd be very handy.
>
>     a) when the outside line is ringing and Asterisk is waiting to
> answer or Asterisk has just answered and is playing some greeting or
> w/e, I'd like to be able to dial an extension and be connected to the
> person [i.e., bridge the call] (and preferably have the rest of the
> dialplan exit as if they had dialed my extension).
>
>     b) there's a current conversation going on between two parties and
> I'd like to be conferenced into it, but I'd like to initiate the
> conference, not have to wait for one of the parties to three-way me in.
>
> I'm sure there's already a way to do this, I just haven't come across it
> yet.
>
> Thanks guys,
>
> jl

Hi John,

Funny you should mention this as I talked with Tilghman the other
morning pining for just this capability.  Suffer me a minute.  My home
system is *; each phone is its own extension.  My five year old son is
much quicker than I at getting to the phone (no I am not toting a ~!@#$%
cordless around with me).  When he answers a call, _he_ has the call!
It'll probably be a few years before he understands transferring the
call to the conference room or parking the call and giving us the park
number :)

_I_ need to be able to snipe (to borrow the eBay term) the call from my
son - er, a given channel.

So far, we haven't had any major calamities.  Five year olds are great
for dealing with telemarketing (long ago fodder for comedians).

Howard White