[Asterisk-Users] USA dial plan

Alfred R. Nurnberger alfred at flosys.com
Fri Jan 9 16:16:05 MST 2004

Here are just a few examles for clarification.

Lets assume my local area code is (212)

----------- local calls - usually free --------------
555-1111		= local call  7-digit dialing area
212 555-1111	= local call 10-digit dialing area

1 555-1111		= toll call  7-digit dialing area
1 212 555-1111	= toll call 10-digit dialing area
*) Notice that the dialed area code is the same as my own area code

----------- long distance call - metered -----------
1 518 555-1111	= long distance call
*) Dialed area code is different from my own area code

Regards.
Alfred