[Asterisk-Users] * dialing before line is open?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jan 9 11:57:59 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 11:42, john lawler wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've had a sporadic problem recently with one of my users on our POTS
> line.  About 1/3 of the time he dials a number (usually from a speeddial
> on his phone, I think), he'll get some phone company message (from the
> outside) about how the call could not be completed as dialed or
> something like that.
>
> However, the logs (and the console) always show the correct dialed digits.
>
> Anyone have a similar symptom?  I theorize that perhaps Asterisk picks
> up the line and starts dialing too quickly for our service
> occasionally.  Is there a way that I could stick a delay before the
> digits are sent down the wire to test this theory?  I checked out the
> wiki but didn't see much pertaining to this.  I figure maybe you can put
> some control characters on the beginning of a dial string to have it
> pause, but it doesn't seem to be ',' or 'p'.

p could be pulse, the character you are looking for is w.
show application dial

Also, asterisk will have to have received every digit before it dials
the pots line. So you may wish to look at what asterisk thought it was
dialing to determine if it is a DTMF detection error at asterisk or at
the remote end. You should be able to watch the console, or track back
the CDR logs to see what was dialed out by your user.