[Asterisk-Users] * dialing before line is open?

john lawler maillist at tgice.com
Fri Jan 9 10:42:12 MST 2004

Hi guys,

I've had a sporadic problem recently with one of my users on our POTS
line.  About 1/3 of the time he dials a number (usually from a speeddial
on his phone, I think), he'll get some phone company message (from the
outside) about how the call could not be completed as dialed or
something like that.

However, the logs (and the console) always show the correct dialed digits.

Anyone have a similar symptom?  I theorize that perhaps Asterisk picks
up the line and starts dialing too quickly for our service
occasionally.  Is there a way that I could stick a delay before the
digits are sent down the wire to test this theory?  I checked out the
wiki but didn't see much pertaining to this.  I figure maybe you can put
some control characters on the beginning of a dial string to have it
pause, but it doesn't seem to be ',' or 'p'.

Thanks,

jl