[Asterisk-Users] 911 and lawsuits

Steve Totaro stotaro at seepu.com
Thu Jan 8 07:59:28 MST 2004

There are several state regulations that any facility over 40,000 sq feet
must use enhanced 911.

"In June 2000, Illinois enacted the Illinois Emergency Telephone Act, which
requires business to put the enhanced 911 systems in place. The Illinois law
affects entities that have a private branch exchange (PBX) or Centrex
telephone system (requiring a caller to dial "9" for an outside line),
occupy 40,000 square feet or more, or have multiple buildings sharing the
same address.

Seven other states have since followed- Colorado, Kentucky, Mississippi, New
Hampshire, Texas, Vermont, and Washington."

Quoted from
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0BJK/5_12/73925177/p1/article.jhtml

Might be federal by now.  I dont think a waiver is going to cut it but it
couldnt hurt.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro