[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 missing?

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Wed Jan 7 09:24:23 MST 2004

I have a problem with my asterisk and IAX2.  It seems that I do not have
it or it's broken.  I have been trying to connect to another asterisk
server and I was thinking I am setting it up wrong.  But I am getting
this on the asterisk CLI for dialing out via IAX2 even to IAXTEL which
is now not working. I used to be able to use it!  But that was with IAX
not IAX2.  Here is the error I get.

WARNING[51036185]: File channel.c, Line 1646 (ast_request): no channel
type registered for IAX2
NOTICE[51068951]: File app_dial.c, Line 506(dial_exec): Unable to create
channel of type 'IAX2'

I have also tried DIAX and it's also not able to register to my server.
(It's the newer one with IAX2).