[Asterisk-Users] * crashed

Jess Magnaye jess at arretni.com
Wed Jan 7 09:36:02 MST 2004

I am just wondering if this is normal.  I have my * running for a week now and I'm still testing its interoperability with other voip provider (in sip using codecs other than g711). yesterday, i changed my linux's (RH9). and since the new ip i assigned is located on a different site, i have to shut it down and move it physically.  after that, i cannot run my * anymore. i am getting this error when im trying to connect, and then it suddenly dies out.

ERROR[1074412224]: File asterisk.c, Line 1349 (main): Unable to connect to remote asterisk

I tried to run it again using "asterisk -vvvvgc" and I got the ff error:

WARNING[1074412224]: File loader.c, Line 312 (ast_load_resource): chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Not sure why. It looks to me it got corrupted after my reboot during change of IP.  (Can someone shed light on this?)

Thanks.