[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk feature list: spreadsheet

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jan 6 12:52:38 MST 2004

John Coll wrote:

> "Standard features are likely to take several hours to configure and may
> well only work with certain hardware / software combinations. Concise
> documentation to enable you to rapidly provision many of the features with
> particular hardware is not available."
>
> I would prefer that potential users are given a balanced and realistic
> expectation of what asterisk offers today on a like-for-like basis and to do
> that there needs to be a clear disclaimer/explanation such as that shown
> above.

I think this page is pretty informative for business users:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+rollout+tips

But maybe we should add a warning, like you are proposing.

While on the subject of documentation: A big THANK YOU to all of you
that have been adding tons of information to the Wiki lately. This work
is very important for the community. It is also a very good platform for
the documentation team, since the Wiki is the only updated reference guide.

Community documentation, moving ahead at light speed. John, if you're still
determined to stay away for a while, I am sure the documentation of Asterisk
will be improved to a much higher level when you come back.

/O