[Asterisk-Users] 911 and lawsuits

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Tue Jan 6 11:47:25 MST 2004

<quote who="Jim Flagg">
> Most business would have lots of cell phones around but in many metal building
> they do not work.  They also don't provide the address information that a
> land line phone provides.

My company gets over the issue of the incorrect address information for the
true location of the caller, by requiring that people inside the building dial
a special extension (posted on every phone).  This rings an emergency phone(s)
at the central security office.  We currently use a couple of Nortel PBXs.

As for the PBX not working at all during the time of emergency, I don't know
what we actualy do. (I am not telecom at my company, I manage firewalls.)

--
END OF LINE
       -MCP