[Asterisk-Users] Cisco to Cisco - poor quality

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Tue Jan 6 11:06:11 MST 2004

I have never used Cisco phones, but I have had problems in the past
relating to * RTP talking to a widget with VAD turned on.
* RTP stack can not run on its own.  It relies on receiving RTP packets
for doing its timing.

A simple test is to sniff the line to make sure the phones always send
packets.
If you see pauses, you may need to disable some type of VAD setting on
the phone.
Or just never quit talking when using the Cisco phone.