[Asterisk-Users] Cisco to Cisco - poor quality

Terence Parker terence at parker.com.hk
Mon Jan 5 17:31:25 MST 2004

I have set canreinvite=no in the sip.conf for each user (well, there are
only two) using a cisco phone. What does this imply?

As for whether the problem is due to the phones or asterisk however,
indications would suggest both, because:

- Voicemail works fine (and is clear)
- I can initiate a call between MSN and Cisco, and that would sound fine.

This might suggest a problem with my phones. However :

    -  When using Vocal previously, Cisco to Cisco conversation was fine.

This has led me to be completely stumped! I notice some mention elsewhere
about asterisk lacking certain codecs because of license restrictions? Is
this anything to do with me? Or should the phones still - in theory - be
able to talk to each other without any problems? I have tried the cisco
phone on both g729a and g711ulaw.

I'm currently *trying* to get ahold of an updated firmware for my phone. I
will see if this fixes the problems.

Thanks again,

Terence

------