[Asterisk-Users] I stumbled on this list...

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Mon Jan 5 17:41:18 MST 2004

> 1)  Am I correct to assume that there is a way to dump Verizon and strictly
> go VOIP in a SOHO situation?

Yes

> 2) Can 1-800 numbers terminate to a VOIP assigned number?

Yes, I currently use Nufone.net for this now.

> 3) With VOIP am I under the assumption that one must also purchase licenses
> for such service to work.

Dont know exactly what you mean here but you shouldn't have to purchase
anything extra to use asterisk with say Nufone or even voicepulse and many
other providers.

> 4) Who are the companies I can purchase VOIP service from?  I need numbers
> in my local area code, plus I need some kind of unlimited VOIP service Asia
> - mainly to Taiwan.

www.nufone.net
connect.voicepulse.net

Good luck on the unlimited part because I don't think that really exists
in the telephone world. (read the find print of all those so called
unlimited plans... they use a totally diffrent defination than websters
does)

> 5) Am I being unrealistic in my savings by implementing an Asterisk * PBX in
> our SOHO situation.

Depends on how much you pay right now for local and longdistance calls.

Good luck

bkw