[Asterisk-Users] I stumbled on this list...

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Jan 6 05:32:30 MST 2004

> > 1)  Am I correct to assume that there is a way to dump Verizon and
> > strictly go VOIP in a SOHO situation?
>
> Yes.
>
> > 5) Am I being unrealistic in my savings by implementing an Asterisk *
> > PBX in our SOHO situation.
>
> There is not doubt, that VoIP can save you money.

Since others have already answered your questions, I'll simply add that
regardless of which voip provider you pick, the service levels will be
somewhat lower then your local provider. Part of that is due to Internet
connectivity (from your location all the way to your voip service provider
as an example) is not likely to be as consistent as local dial tone,
and the quality of the connectivity can vary from day-to-day, etc.

That is meant only to level-set expectations and not to stop you from
considering voip. It certainly doesn't cost much to run both local and voip
services in parallel for a month or two, and compare the two under your
facilities and conditions.

Rich