[Asterisk-Users] Re: How to load the driver of TDM400P card!

Steve Murphy murf at e-tools.com
Thu Jan 1 21:33:40 MST 2004

Quan--

> I have just bought the X100P and TDM400P cards to install on my
> computer to implement the PBX. I also downloaded the newest softwares
> asterisk_ver0.5.0, libpri_ver0.4.0, and zaptel_ver0.7.0) to install on
> my computer (Red Hat Linux 8.0). All packages are compiled well. When
> I use "modprobe" to load drivers (modprobe zaptel, modprobe wcfxo,
> modprobe
>
> wcfxs), the first two (zaptel, wcfxo) are successful, but the last
> (wcfxs) is failed. This is the type of error:

I've been thru the same ordeal, almost exactly. A few things to
remember:

1. The order of modprobing should follow the channel declarations in the
/etc/zaptel.conf file. In mine, I have:

fxsks=1,2
fxoks=3-6

So, I do the modprobes in this order

modprobe wcfxo
modprobe wcfxs
ztcfg

Remember that fxs and fxo have inverse interface/signaling
relationships, and that the zapata.conf file is declaring the signaling,
and the drivers concern the hardware interface.

Oh, and one other thing: I don't do a modprobe for zaptel; I think
the ztcfg takes care of that, if it isn't pulled in via dependencies.

Now, the first modprobe gives errors because of the other channel
declarations, I think. The second modprobe generates no messages.

So, to sum it up: if you have problems, reverse the order of the
modprobes.

Also, pay attention to the results of 'cat /proc/interrupts', you want
your wcfxs and wcfxo devices to have their own interrupt slots, with the
slot numbers < 15, I think. Try to get them their own slots. You can
usually play around with the BIOS on the system, the plug-n-play
settings, I think. You may also have to worry about which board is
plugged into which slot, as some BIOS setups will tie the interrupt slot
to the PCI card slot on the motherboard. You may have to turn off a
bunch of stuff in the BIOS that wants interrupt slots, like USB stuff,
IO interfaces, etc, to cut down the competition for interrupt attention.

> /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/wcfxs.o: init_module: No such device
>
> > Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
>
> > including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
>
> > You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
>
> > /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/wcfxs.o: insmod
>
> > /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/wcfxs.o failed
>
> > /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/wcfxs.o: insmod wcfxs failed
>
> > ..."
>

> For the X100P card, after loading its driver, I tested its features
> and they are OK! But I can not load the driver of TDM400P card.

This makes sense. The x100p driver, wcfxo, is loaded first, but declared
second in zapata.conf. So, it gets its slots, but at the price of the
wcfxs slots.

> I also find in the documents of Digium, but I only find the the way to
>
> loaddrivers for T400P/E400P (modprobe tor2), or T100P/E100P (modprobe
>
> wct1xxp). I try these options for TDM400P, but it does not work.

Uh, options for the T400 stuff most certainly won't apply to the  TDM
interface.

murf