[Asterisk-Users] How to load the driver of TDM400P card!

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Jan 1 21:07:19 MST 2004

On Thursday 01 January 2004 21:44, Quan Le Trung wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have just bought the X100P and TDM400P cards to install on my
> computer to implement the PBX. I also downloaded the newest softwares
> asterisk_ver0.5.0, libpri_ver0.4.0, and zaptel_ver0.7.0) to install
> on my computer (Red Hat Linux 8.0). All packages are compiled well.
> When I use "modprobe" to load drivers (modprobe zaptel, modprobe
> wcfxo, modprobe
> wcfxs), the first two (zaptel, wcfxo) are successful, but the last
>
> (wcfxs) is failed. This is the type of error:
> > "...
> > /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/wcfxs.o: init_module: No such device
> > Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
> > including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
> > You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
> > /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/wcfxs.o: insmod
> > /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/wcfxs.o failed
> > /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/wcfxs.o: insmod wcfxs failed
> > ..."

Is this the "type of error", or is this the exact error?  It does
matter.  The first line tells you the problem:  no such device.
The driver cannot detect the device on the PCI bus, which could
mean a couple different things.  It could mean that you don't have
the Molex 4-pin connector connected to the card, which means the
card isn't powered.  It could also mean that the card is faulty or is
not seated correctly or that there's an odd conflict between your
motherboard and the card that does not allow the card to be recognized.

In any case, it's a hardware problem.  If the molex power connector
is not connected, get that plugged in.  If it's plugged in correctly,
try a different slot, or even a different motherboard.

-Tilghman