[Asterisk-Users] Simple Front Gate Intercom

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Thu Feb 26 09:41:25 MST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 11:16:19AM -0500, Jon Pounder wrote:

> (at my door you can knock, ring a doorbell, or pick up the door phone -
> you would be surprised how many people knock. Probably there are some that
> are scared off entirely that I don't even know about.)

It seems to me that placing a standard analog phone out there would be
the cheapest way around this issue (which seems to be what you just
explained to me). I already have the junker phone, and it's configured
to ring distinctively when the handset is raised. I can also dial it and
ring the phone, like you said.

But... my wife wants an "intercom." So, I'll probably hunt down one of
those nice, 200-dollar Viking jobs that's basically a telephone that
looks like an intercom. Best of both worlds. The only ouch is the
stinkin price tag.

Thanks.

-Greg

--