[Asterisk-Users] Understanding AgentCallbackLogin

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Wed Feb 25 17:27:30 MST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Matthew B Marlowe wrote:

> Greg,
>
> When using your patch, when the file is being played... The MOH stops
> for the caller while that sound file is played to me.  Then the music on
> hold continues and if I hit # the music on hold stops once again and
> let's me talk.
>
> I wonder if we can stop that from happening?

I experience the same thing. If you look at
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001082

You will see that I have posted a list of ways to improve the patch and to
make things better. One of those is to determine why the MOH stops
playing. In an attempt to fix that, I took a look at app_queue and made a
simple patch that moved the "ast_stop_moh" call to right before caller and
agent are bridged:

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001101

Unfortunately, that did not have the desired behaviour, but it is an
intelligent thing to do if you have Queue announce messages anyway so I
left it up there.

After extensive discussion about this with bkw, citats and several of the
other developers and bug marshalls on IRC last night, I decided that
tracking down the reason for the MOH stop would be a waste of time as the
entire app_queue and chan_agent subsystem is going to be deprecated by a
much more intelligent and advanced system called ICD (Intelligent Call
Distribution, or something to that effect). I'd rather spend my time
working on that system and helping to make it solid, and since the
AgentCallbackLogin system is "good enough" for my needs right now, that is
what I am going to do. :)

BTW: app_queue and chan_agent are somewhat brilliant hacks, but they leave
an awful lot to be desired! :)

                             KP-216-121-ST