[Asterisk-Users] Unreliable Fax

Jim Sneeringer j at snee.us
Wed Feb 25 10:44:01 MST 2004

The Asterisk system only has Digium FXS and FXO boards, and the auto
attendant routes fax calls to one of the FXS boards.  It works sometimes,
but most long faxes stop in the middle and some faxes do not appear to even
be answered.  It may depend on which of the two FXO lines the fax comes in
on, but it's hard to prove because I can't find information about which line
was used.

The computer is a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 with 512 MB RAM.

Any ideas what the problem is?  I read that I need to use u-law, but I don't
know how to specify that.

Thanks.

Jim