[Asterisk-Users] Simulating the "lighted line in use" type of phone

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Wed Feb 25 00:59:04 MST 2004

Hi,

Asterisk has no idea of what's 'inside' and 'outside' of the PBX. That's
part of the flexibility you get.

The behaviour you want can be delivered by using more intelligent IP-phones
(Cisco 7960 can probably do this if you program the XML dialogs yourself),
but it is handywork to do, because everybody's setup is different. BTW,
using ADSI might allow you to do the same...

BTW, if you care to use MGCP, RFC3149 might be for you - it's an extension
to MGCP based on XML signalling. How difficult is it to combine this with
Asterisk systems?

Florian