[Asterisk-Users] Re: calls dropped with grandstream

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Feb 24 13:08:47 MST 2004

Stephen R. Besch wrote:

> Sean Rodger wrote:
>
>> I'm using a grandstream phone with asterisk.
>>
>> Everything seems to be working fine, but every once in a while talking to
>> someone, the call is dropped.
>>
>> A loud busy signal immediately interrupts the call for the grandstream
>> user,
>> while the other person (connected through an X100P) is just cut off.
>>
>> Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this?
>>
>> Eventually I will replace the Grandstream, but for now I would just
>> like to
>> fix this problem.
Could you please run "sip debug" and see if you have NOTIFY or INFO
messages flowing to the Grandstream and get error messages from Asterisk.
Run Asterisk with full verbosity and debug.

If you see something strange, please notify me. My Grandstream doesn't
respond properly to all SIP messages, and Asterisk notes a failure of
transmission and cancels the call.

/O