[Asterisk-Users] Re: calls dropped with grandstream

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Tue Feb 24 12:32:58 MST 2004

Sean Rodger wrote:
> I'm using a grandstream phone with asterisk.
>
> Everything seems to be working fine, but every once in a while talking to
> someone, the call is dropped.
>
> A loud busy signal immediately interrupts the call for the grandstream user,
> while the other person (connected through an X100P) is just cut off.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this?
>
> Eventually I will replace the Grandstream, but for now I would just like to
> fix this problem.
>
> Sean Rodger

Sean,

I had exactly the same problem and also blamed the GS. It turned out to
be a hairline crack in the T1 cable connecting my channel bank to the
Digium T1 card. I repaired the cable and the mysterious disconnects went
away. It may be way off base for your case, but it might be worth some
investigating.

Stephen R. Besch