[Asterisk-Users] "Call did not go through"

Jim Sneeringer j at snee.us
Sat Feb 21 10:37:52 MST 2004

Whenever an outside number is dialed, Asterisk says "We're sorry. Your call
did can not be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again
or call your attendant to help you."  I have tried many configurations, but
let me give the simplest:  It fails when a local number is dialed and the
context contains only the following rule:

[default]
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:1})

where

TRUNK = Zap/1&Zap/2

which are Digium FXO cards.

It works with

	exten =>9,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN})

Furthermore, it was working before.  To my knowledge, the only thing I
changed to make it fail was to shut down the working test system, move it to
the actual environment, and make it live.  I had been testing with only one
of the two CO lines.  Maybe I changed something in extension.conf, but if so
I don't know what it was.

Incoming and intercom calls work fine.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?  Thanks.

Jim