[Asterisk-Users] Woodpeckers

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Feb 19 16:05:55 MST 2004

> They also like to drill on the arial telephone cables.  Water then gets
> into the cable and causes a partial grounding on the circuits.  This
> causes 60Hz hum to be heard on the line as well as a loss of amplitude.
>   Qwest says tough s--t.

Dump a bottle of cayenne pepper into some shelac and paint the house where
they like to peck -- This saved a beautiful willow tree from sapsuckers for
my grandfather.

Qwest should be held to some standard of audio quality on their lines -- I
am surprised it's not easier to armour the lines.

Regards,
Andrew