[Asterisk-Users] festival voices

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 15:56:30 MST 2004

--- Tony Buser <gr0k at juju.org> wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to both asterisk and festival.  I'm trying to figure out
> how
> to change the voice festival uses.  For example, I've downloaded
> don_diphone to festival/lib/voices/english.  I then edited
> /etc/asterisk/festival.conf and changed the festival command to:
>
> festivalcommand=(voice_don_diphone)(tts_textasterisk "%s"
> 'file)(quit)\n

try adding a set of parens like this:

festivalcommand=((voice_don_diphone)(tts_textasterisk
"%s"'file)(quit))\n

<SNIP>
> natural sounding voice?  So far the best I've found were from here:
> http://hts.ics.nitech.ac.jp/download.html

Have you seen "festivox"?  It's a tool for building voices

The key to making festival sound natural is to get the
timming and entonation right.  The astrisk app uses festivels
"demo" test to speech application which is just that a
quick dirty demo.

Have you seen the markup language on the CMU site?
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~awb/festival_demos/sable.html
"Sable" can do MUCH better then the simple tts application.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550