[Asterisk-Users] festival voices

Tony Buser gr0k at juju.org
Thu Feb 12 17:52:05 MST 2004

Chris Albertson wrote:

>try adding a set of parens like this:
>
>festivalcommand=((voice_don_diphone)(tts_textasterisk
>"%s"'file)(quit))\n

Unfortunately that results in the following error  at the asterisk console:
Feb 12 19:45:27 WARNING[409626]: app_festival.c:437 festival_exec:
Festival returned ER

And the following error in the festival_server:
SIOD ERROR: unbound variable : don_diphone
SIOD ERROR: unbound variable : \n

>Have you seen "festivox"?  It's a tool for building voices
>
>The key to making festival sound natural is to get the
>timming and entonation right.  The astrisk app uses festivels
>"demo" test to speech application which is just that a
>quick dirty demo.
>
>Have you seen the markup language on the CMU site?
>http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~awb/festival_demos/sable.html
>"Sable" can do MUCH better then the simple tts application.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.  So to use Sable I'd have to use
festival from like an AGI script and not inside the Festival() function
in extension.conf?  I blindly tried pasting sable markup in there and
the best I could do was get it to read back the markup and all.  :)