[Asterisk-Users] TDM card loses Dial tone

Youness El Andaloussi Youness at ElAndaloussi.net
Thu Feb 12 15:19:47 MST 2004

I experienced similar problems too with a 4 chan tdm400. This seems to
especially happen when you make configuration changes. It has nothing to do
with runing X or no, it does not even have to do with redhat... I
experienced the same problem on mandrake.

One thing you have to be extra careful is when restarting, make sure that
all the modules have entirely reloaded before expecting a dialtone with an
asterisk debug console "asterisk -rvvvv"... many of the times I thought
there was no dialtone and the asterisk process had gone cukoo, I noticed
that configuration was not entirely reload.

Yet, reloading many times seems to get some of the TDM400 channels
hung.  On the other hand, this problem does not seem to happen as
extensively when no reloads are made

Youness