[Asterisk-Users] TDM card loses Dial tone

Glenn Dalgliesh asterisk at techhat.com
Wed Feb 11 10:54:09 MST 2004

I have had similar issues with mine TDM400 w/4 modules. I get both no dial tone and sometime a large level of static on the port and although sometimes manually unloading and reloading the drivers will correct the problem most of the time I have to reboot the system. Also, do you get messages like below in your messages log?

Feb 10 10:16:07 localhost kernel: Ouch, part reset, quickly restoring reality (2)
Feb 10 10:16:07 localhost kernel: Ouch, part reset, quickly restoring reality (3)
Feb 10 10:16:07 localhost kernel: Power alarm on module 1, resetting!
Feb 10 10:16:07 localhost kernel: Power alarm on module 2, resetting!

Digium has replace my card once and I have seen the same results in to different Computers. They have verified my zap.conf and zapata.conf configurations and I am now having to reboot my machine every night via crontab to keep the system running effectively. So, far for about a week the reboot once a day has keep it running with out incident but I don't no if the usage increase on the TDM400 if would start failing btw reboots.

Sorry no answer but it seems we may be having similar problems.