[Asterisk-Users] TDM card loses Dial tone

Bob Bevins bob at virteck.com
Wed Feb 11 10:24:01 MST 2004

Hi,

I have a redhat 9 asterisk server with tdm400p three ports, and a x100p
installed at home. I am not running X or framebuffers. Every so often
like once a month, I lose dial tone on my channels. Asterisk still
responds at the cli. I don't see any log entries pertaining to this. If
I restart asterisk it does not change. I have to reboot the computer,
which I would think would be a hardware problem, or an OS issue. I can't
seem to make it happen when I want so troubleshooting is an issue. The
irq's are ok as seen below. I am not doing smp, or multithreading as
some posts would reveal that as a problem.

These are brand new cards from Digium. The tdm is a new card with the
power connected. I tested the power supply and it is supplied the
correct voltages.

           CPU0
  0:    9298672          XT-PIC  timer
  1:          4          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:     251135          XT-PIC  usb-uhci, eth0
 10:   92378687          XT-PIC  wcfxs
 11:   92395359          XT-PIC  wcfxo
 12:         20          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:      75560          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          0          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

Please respond if someone is aware of these types of problems.

Thanks in advance,

Bob