[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 quick dial

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Wed Feb 4 16:12:44 MST 2004

Had a quick response from Cisco on this. The short and simple answer is NO,
the phones cannot be made to dial while on-hook.

It was mentioned to me that with SIP 6.0 firmware and onwards you can now
manage your own personal directory on the phone (whereas before the phone
did it for you), and by pressing the down arrow on the phone while idle
gives you a fast was to access the personal directory. This still isn't what
I was after, and I've setup an XML directory on the services button anyway
:-)